Bulb no longer connecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-23 22:28:24 - last edited 2021-05-29 10:51:47
Model: LB120  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: N/A

I don't know the hardware nor the firmware version as I've removed the bulb from Kasa to try reconnecting and it just won't work at all anymore.

I've reset it more times than I can count at this point. I don't have 5Ghz on my router so it's default 2Ghz. I've had it for around 4 years now.

This only started happening within the last few weeks where the bulb would randomly turn off and then on again by itself and drop connection to the WiFi. I was able to reset/reconnect it every so often but it happened again. Now I can't even set it up anymore at all. I've seen other issues posted here for other models with them turning off and on again but nothing of the LB120 so this is my last resort to find some support or information on a fix for this because I've tried everything else I've found suggested online. RIght now it's just a regular old bulb.

EDIT: For anyone else that has this issue in the future, it seems simply reinstalling the Kasa app allowed it to register from the start again, also removed and re-inserted the bulb but it only fixed itself after reinstalling Kasa. It must have got corrupted somehow as I've got a few new features and new interface at setup.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 305

Replies: 0

Related Articles