Shared accounts only see camera as offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-17 07:41:16
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

The camera works perfectly fine on my phone, but when I try sharing the device with my wife, it only shows up as offline, and she gets a "device unreachable" notification.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Shared accounts only see camera as offline
2021-06-23 06:07:08 - last edited 2021-06-23 06:10:14

@Koooi  Hello, 

Thank you for your valuable feedback, please confirm your camera has a Green Led. 

If turn  Wi-Fi off on your cell phone, does the camera reachable when you use mobile data ( phone not under local wifi )? 

If camera becomes 'unreachable' when your  phone is using mobile data, it is possible that the camera has connected to wifi but cloud service has been blocked .You could try some suggestion here: 

• Turn off or lower Modem/ router Firewall settings that may block camera
  • Check if there is any Advanced settings on router like access control/ parental control settings may affect the camera
  • Change router's DNS to 8.8.8.8/ 8.8.4.4
  • Reboot camera

If the same problem may I know the model of your router and your network toplogy? Please help collect the log of camera and share with us ,thanks~ 

How to get the logs:
Step 1: Insert an SD card into the camera.

Step 2: On the APP, please go to Camera Settings -> Advanced Settings -> enable Diagnose. The log file will be stored on the SD card.
Step 3: Let the camera run for some time, wait for the recurrence of the problem.
Step 4: Please plug the SD card into the computer's SD card slot or an SD card adapter. Please send the log on the SD card to us. The name of the file is ‘Diagnose Log’.

Options
Re:Shared accounts only see camera as offline
2021-08-04 12:08:34

@Koooi 

With a 200-GB iCloud storage plan, you can view the last 10 days of activity from a single camera at no additional cost. You can switch to a different camera at any time, but to stream and record from more than one camera, you must have a 2-TB plan, which lets you view activity from up to five cameras. Video content doesn’t count against your iCloud data limit.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 379

Replies: 2