downgrade kasa firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

downgrade kasa firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
downgrade kasa firmware
downgrade kasa firmware
2021-07-05 04:25:59
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

I installed 1.1.5 on the hs200 and 1.1.4 on the hs105 and and noticed that this version is slow to respond and sometimes disappears from app and homeassistant. restarting the device brings it back but it disappears again. The previous firmware i had was much better and i would like to downgrade.

I believe there is a tool that can be used on windows to complete this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:downgrade kasa firmware
2021-07-06 09:09:08 - last edited 2021-07-06 09:13:29

@johnsnow88 Hello, 

Currently there isn't a tool for HS200/ HS105 firmware downgrade, do you mean smart devices respond slowly or disappear slow on Kasa app since the firmware update. 

Can you share some details for the issue on Kasa, if possible, can you provide a short video of the issue. 

Please confirm Kasa devices work stably on kasa app first, for home assistant issue, as this is an open source third party software, not one of tp-link partner apps, I'm afraid we are not able to help on it either, it is recommended seeking more professional help from Home Assistant forum / channels:

https://www.home-assistant.io/help/

Thank you for your understanding. 

Options
Re:downgrade kasa firmware
2021-07-16 19:51:57
The app is very slow to respond, trying to setup a schedule takes ages in any switch. I think this is caused by an HS105 V2 running 1.5.6. Since i unplugged it all the other switches are behaving and responding better
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1421

Replies: 2

Related Articles