How to change smart plug WiFi?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-16 16:00:35 - last edited 2021-09-13 13:56:02
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have several smart plugs connected to my home WiFi and working great.

However I'm getting new internet soon and will be instituting new WiFi SSIDs across the board to better update naming conventions. I tried searching but can't see a way in the Kasa app to switch WiFI networks for the Smart Plug.

I held down the power button for 5 seconds to get the smart plug WiFi signal back however I don't see an option to change Wifi in the Kasa app. How do I switch WiFi networks? Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to change smart plug WiFi?-Solution
2021-07-19 08:32:13 - last edited 2021-09-13 13:56:02

@dresoccer4 

I'm afaid there is a way to connect plug to a new SSID directly.  If you have a new SSID on router, we will need to go through the set up process again to connect it to a new Wi-Fi. 

• Reset smart plug Mini: Press and hold for 10 seconds or until the Wi-Fi LED blinks amber rapidly to factory reset.)
  • After factory reset the smart plug, please add tap ' +'  on the right top of tether app to reconnect to it. 

Then please follow the guide on APP or set up video 'How to Set Up a TP-Link Smart Plug' to set it up. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/hs103p2/

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:How to change smart plug WiFi?-Solution
2021-07-19 08:32:13 - last edited 2021-09-13 13:56:02

@dresoccer4 

I'm afaid there is a way to connect plug to a new SSID directly.  If you have a new SSID on router, we will need to go through the set up process again to connect it to a new Wi-Fi. 

• Reset smart plug Mini: Press and hold for 10 seconds or until the Wi-Fi LED blinks amber rapidly to factory reset.)
  • After factory reset the smart plug, please add tap ' +'  on the right top of tether app to reconnect to it. 

Then please follow the guide on APP or set up video 'How to Set Up a TP-Link Smart Plug' to set it up. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/hs103p2/

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 13310

Replies: 1

Related Articles