KC115 weak wifi and dropping connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-25 15:58:25
Model: KC115  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.3.9

I bought two KC115 cameras.

One of them works fine, the other one is constantly dropping connection.

If I place the cameras in the same spot, camera 1 works fine and camera 2 still has a weak signal.

In device info it shows wifi connection between -95 and -85dBm no matter where I place it.

I have tried:

Resetting the camera and setting it up again

Placing the camera close to the router without any obstacles in between them.

Changing the 2.4GHz channels in the router.

Disconnect other devices from wifi.

Options
4 Reply
Re:KC115 weak wifi and dropping connection
2021-07-26 08:18:44

@Tassen Thank you for your detailed post. 

It is recommend scan 2.4Ghz WiFi channel using WiFi analyzer app /software and select a less crowded wifi channel on main router. 

Try a factory reset on KC115 : with camera powered on, press the reset hole for more than 5 secs

May I know the model of router ,is it a Mesh system or combination of router + extenders, do you have multiple 2.4G SSIDs from router? 

How about the signal strength on the working fine camera?

Options
2021-08-02 10:00:16

If your Wi-Fi's signal strength is weak, try moving the router to another location. Minimize obstructions between your router and your computer or other devices. Obstructions such as walls between your router and device can affect Wi-Fi signal quality.

Options
2021-08-05 20:48:19

@Solla-topee I have tried a factory reset twice and still the same problem.

The signal strength on the other camera is -45dBm and works fine even when moving it around the house.

There is only one router, no mesh and only one 2.4 SSID. I cannot get the router model right now.

I have also tried different wifi channels, but it is only this one camera that has problems with wifi.

Maybe the camera is just faulty?

Options
2021-08-10 14:00:20

@Tassen Hello, 

Thanks for the further information,  from your description it should be the issue with certain camera, it is recommended to contact local retailer or local support with the forum information to check device warranty, thank you for your time with troubleshooting. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 547

Replies: 4