KC115 time to get live view?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-27 05:25:46
Model: KC115  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.3.9

Hello,

Kasa application version: 2.33.0 build 994

Mobile device: Galaxy S8 running Android 9

I bought one of these cameras yesterday and I wonder if the time to get a live feed is as expected. This is what I do:

1. Open the app and press the camera

2. I see a blurred image and a loading spinner

3. After ~20 seconds i see a clear image and a small overlay text "LIVE". If I press back and press the camera again it still takes ~20 seconds to get the "LIVE" overlay.

24/7 Recording, Record Audio, Motion Tracking and Notifications are all off. The quality is set to 720p (the lowest).

According to my router (Asus RT-AC86U) and the device info inside the Kasa app the wireless strength of the KC115 is good.

Any ideas? I expect the "LIVE" view to be seen within seconds, so I assume something is wrong.

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:KC115 time to get live view?
2021-07-28 09:30:28 - last edited 2021-07-28 09:46:08

@f98hfr Hello, 

Thanks for your detailed post. 20 secs is kind of long to load the Live view page.You could try some suggestions here: 

• Locate the camera closer to main router and make sure it gets strong signal strength. Check the camera signal strength and share a photo or let us know the dBm.
  • Try DMZ on router  for camera if your router supports DMZ function and see if that help shorter the Live view load time. 
  • (IP address of camera is on APP->Device settings->Device Info )
  • Please try a different mobile phone if you got one. 
  • Connect camera to router directly rather than through AP or extenders. 
  • Lower Firewall on main router or turn off the firewall temporarily and see if that helps with issue

If the above does not help, may I have a video clip of the issue?

If your phone is connected to home Wi-Fi, not mobile data or outside WiFi, could Live view load faster? 

What is the model of router and your network topology?  Thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 494

Replies: 1