Keeps turning back on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Keeps turning back on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Keeps turning back on
Keeps turning back on
2021-09-23 06:36:56
Model: Tapo L510E  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

The bulb keeps switching back on when I go to bed. I've disabled turn on at sunrise in case it's interfering. Is it faulty or a setting issue? Firmware is fully updated. Also, Alex said it was powered off when it wasn't.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Keeps turning back on
2021-09-24 06:08:49 - last edited 2021-09-24 06:09:29

Hello@Mamf77 , 

It is recommend to remove Schedule / Away Mode/ Timer settings on tapo bulb in case those settings affects the bulb: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2815/

Do you use any third party software or share this devices with others before, you could stop the sharing by guide here

It is recommended to remove the device in Alexa or any third party apps as well. Aslo confirm device firmware and app are both up to date. 

If still the same issue, may I know do you use any third party smart home software control the bulb? How often bulb turn on itself, if issue persists, please record the exact time when that happens in your time zone and let us know the time, thank you. 

Options
2021-09-24 20:12:14

@Solla-topee thank you for your message.

I've disabled all smart actions within the app so there is nothing pre-set.

I've also unlinked Alexa.

I then turned the bulb off using the app.

Within 7 minutes, it is now back on. The time here is currently 21:11.

Options
2021-09-26 11:23:10

Hey@Mamf77 ,Thank you for the details!

1> It is suggested trying a factory reset on the smart bulb, to help isolate the issue,  please  connect bulb to a Guest WiFi (or isolated wifi) from router and see if that helps * Note : only leave smart bulb connect to that Guest wifi if possible, other devices including your phone use the main WiFi, not the guest. 

RESET: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2753/

2> Please also try a different light fixture.

If the issue persist, can you help provide more details: 

• May I know when did you purchase the bulb when did the issue occurs, did you recently add any new device in your network? 
  • Can I know your current time zone, and the exact time again next time bulb turns on 
  • the model of your router, does bulb connect to the router directly or through extenders.
  • model of your phone and its IOS/ Android version:
  • APP version: 

Thank you in advance!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 516

Replies: 3