Alexa connection problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Alexa connection problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Alexa connection problem
Alexa connection problem
2021-09-25 18:08:41 - last edited 2021-10-09 08:30:31
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

Hi. I have four HS103s all in the same room as my router and all connected to the same 2.4GHz access point.

Problem is, one of the four will not work with Alexa.

I can control it on my phone using the Kasa app and it shows in Alexa's list of devices but if I issue a voice command Alexa says the device is unresponsive.

I have removed the device and set it up again several time but still no luck.

Anyone have any idea why just one of my HS103s will not work with Alexa?

Thanks,

Lloyd

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Alexa connection problem-Solution
2021-09-28 13:54:39 - last edited 2021-10-09 08:30:31
Thanks very much for your reply. Tried all of your suggestions without success. However, I have resolved the problem. Sort of, anyway. This makes no sense whatsoever but the HS103 I was having problems with was plugged into a power bar. When I removed it and plugged it into a regular wall outlet I worked just fine. I proved it by plugging it back into the power bar and the problem returned. I have no idea why this one HS103 is behaving this way as I have another HS103 plugged into the same power bar and it works just fine. Very strange. Anyway, thanks again for your help. Much appreciated. ,,,Lloyd
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Alexa connection problem
2021-09-26 08:53:15

Hello@Noell ,

From cloud there are only three HS103 online, it seems that one plug has not connected to cloud yet.  

Please check if that  HS103 can be remotely controlled at first: . If turn off Wi-Fi on your cell phone and use mobile data only, can you turn On/ Off KASA devices on KASA app or it shows local only?

1. if Kasa devices shows local only or could not be controlled remotely   Please troubleshoot as this guide 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2243/
2. if  Kasa device could be remotely controlled on Kasa app:

Ensure Kasa APP & Alexa app are both up to date

Try to disable and enable Kasa skill in Alexa app as this guide and see if helps: 

If still the same , may I know the model of your router, can you share the Mac address of HS103 which does not response to Alexa to us via private message, thank you. 

Options
Re:Alexa connection problem-Solution
2021-09-28 13:54:39 - last edited 2021-10-09 08:30:31
Thanks very much for your reply. Tried all of your suggestions without success. However, I have resolved the problem. Sort of, anyway. This makes no sense whatsoever but the HS103 I was having problems with was plugged into a power bar. When I removed it and plugged it into a regular wall outlet I worked just fine. I proved it by plugging it back into the power bar and the problem returned. I have no idea why this one HS103 is behaving this way as I have another HS103 plugged into the same power bar and it works just fine. Very strange. Anyway, thanks again for your help. Much appreciated. ,,,Lloyd
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Alexa connection problem
2021-10-09 08:29:10 - last edited 2021-10-09 08:30:11

@Noell Perhaps unplugging and plugging back in HS103 help smart plug reconnect to Wifi router, or some wireless interference around the power strip... thank you for posting the solution~Have a nice day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 445

Replies: 3

Related Articles