hs110 ridiculous energy usage stats

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

hs110 ridiculous energy usage stats

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:hs110 ridiculous energy usage stats
2021-11-03 09:08:56

@Solla-topee you can reply here. telling my in private about how tplink can't use paypal for advanced warranties and asking me to send money to random bank accounts is not going to help people

v 2 35 of kasa = will not pull emeter info or send pushes to arm64 devices

v 2 34 of kasa = will pull emeter info until a smart action of "off after x minutes" polls the device and breaks it

all binding, time sync and calculations based on date and time elapsed are wrong for the uk since approaching time zone change for winter

*it is currently 09:08 on wednesday november 3rd 2021 at the time of posting*

Options
2021-11-03 10:41:19 - last edited 2021-11-03 10:46:25

@Ricky666 

After our troubleshooting on the plug through several email exchanges,  we diagnose it could be a faulty plug  and suggested replace the unit and started the RMA process.

For the error you met when apply advanced RMA, that is because UK RMA  PayPal account seems to have some issue and requires user pay differently (not sure when it will be fixed). I did not discuss this in public in forum as this is a global forum, RMA policy could be different for users in different countries, and also I sent the details, explained the situation through the support email from our ticket system based on our troubleshooting emails. 

All the RMA procedures have standard to follow, so do not need to worry about it. If you have any concern, you may choose standard RMA, here is the RMA details in UK. 

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/replacement-warranty/#box_7

Options
2021-11-03 10:52:23

@Solla-topee it's not the plug. it's the smart action.

Options
2021-11-03 11:07:18 - last edited 2021-11-03 11:14:48

Hello @Ricky666 I'm kinda confused and thought you are talking about the plug.

Do you mean the smart action does not take effect despite the settings on KC120 Camera. Or notification does not work on kasa camera,  If possible, please help start a different thread (for camera) with some details, like more exact time and phenomenon when rules do not take effect : e.g. turn on XX at 8AM, camera does not push notification to plug at 8AM, can I have a photo for your smart action settings. Thank you

Options
2021-11-03 14:44:24

@Solla-topee install v 2 35 and you will never EVER see a push message on kasa (separate issue) and also you will never EVER see current watts and daily and monthly will always be zero. nothing will restart the emeter if it encounters a v 2 35 client.

install v 2 34 to get your notifications back AND get current wattage. daily and monthly will for assume 3200watts full load for any time the kasa is set to ON. even with no load. 24 hours of 3000 watts. even if nothing is connected.

however, if you create a smart action in v 2 34 - current wattage will STOP counting and you must disable the smart action or delete it, then power cycle the hs110, and current watta will start up again

Options
2021-11-03 14:50:09 - last edited 2021-11-08 09:53:48

solution = accept that tp-link will never admit it does not know times in winter, roll back to v 2 34, delete all smart actions, power cycle the hs110, live with only 2 of 6 server stored stats being accurate and buy tuya stuff :-/

you can't send stuff back when it breaks because they won't even reply to emails let alone swap out a product. still, after 2 days

tp-link. junk servers. junk warranty. it's a shame, really :-(

Options
Related Articles