Smart plugs turning themselves on shortly after 7am with no schedule set

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-02 10:10:03
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

Hello, I have an HS103 and a HS105 smart plug that both turn themselves on slightly after 7am. I have no schedule set for either device. I have tried resetting and reconfiguring the devices from scratch and updating firmware, but it hasn't resolved the issue.

I have other devices in my account that do not experience the same problem.

any help is appreciated!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Smart plugs turning themselves on shortly after 7am with no schedule set
2021-11-04 09:39:06 - last edited 2021-11-04 09:39:38

Hello @tranceFusion 

To help exclude the issue, please remove some settings on kasa app besides Schedule: Away Mode/ Scene/ Smart Action and see device turn on again. 

Do you use any other smart third-party software to control device other Kasa app, if so unbind them while test. 

May I know do the HS103 and 105 turns on at the same time,  at regular time or random time? Did you recently add any new device in your home network, thank you

Options
2021-11-11 12:29:01

@Solla-topee 

I do not have any schedule, scenes, or away mode set.

The devices turn on at the same time every day (7:04am).

I have newer Kasa devices I purchased which do not exhibit this problem.

Options
2021-11-17 06:06:58

Hello@tranceFusion 

Sorry for the late update, if both devices turn on at a certain time regularly,  this is quite uncommon.

I recommend doing a  factory reset with one plug reinstall it in the app, that will help clear all the settings on a plug. Only leave that plugged in and test it only. 

How to reset TP-Link Kasa smart switch and plug?

If still the same behaviour, may I know do you use any third-party smart software to control smart device, the model of router, the network topology (does plug connect to router directly or through extender) , thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 629

Replies: 3

Related Articles