KC401 - Rcording to an SD Card

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-17 03:29:16
Model: KC400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Is it mandatory to have the 24/7 recording option turned on to record anything to the SD card? Right now, I have 24/7 turned on and I also have motion detection turned on with people detection turned off. It seems like the motion detection option should be enough to trigger a recording to the SD card; however, I would like to really understand how it is supposed to work. Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:KC401 - Rcording to an SD Card
2021-11-18 03:17:55

Hello @Moto-KC401 

Yes, we have to turn on 24/7 recording to recording (Motion/Sound Detection) videos clips in SD card. The highlight part in a different color are the  clips triggered by detection.

If your camera has a Kasa Care subscription, the clips triggered by motion/sound will be uploaded to the cloud server and shows up in Activity. (Activity requires camera has cloud service) We have an instruction that has some useful QAs that you probably interested in: 

General Questions about the Kasa Cam

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 701

Replies: 1

Related Articles