Tapo L530B press light switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-21 20:47:06
Model: Tapo L530B  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.9

HI, I just purchased the  tapo l530b and installed them in different rooms. they work flawlessy with Alexa. However when somebody press the switch off and then on they don't work as normal bulbs, but stay off. which mean that if somebody is in the house and I am not there they cannot be turned on. Same if the wifi goes down,

I tried the custom state but it does not seem to work

how can this be solved? without this functionality they are unusable 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Tapo L530B press light switch
2021-11-22 06:31:23

Hello @Mbrillow 
Smart bulbs always use electricity, after being turn off in the APP, it works in stand by mode at very lower wattage thus bulb can be activated again from APP.

If the relay is off, bulb has no power and could not be communicated with Kasa app anymore.This is how they work, you may replace bulb with an ordinary bulb and use smart bulb for another use.

If Wi-Fi goes down, your phone need to connect to local/home Wi-Fi to control bulb, as remote control requires bulb connecting to cloud service. 

Options
2021-11-22 08:58:00 - last edited 2021-11-22 08:58:53

Hi and thank for the reply there is not what I mean. I need the lights to turn on again if the physical light switch is turned off and on. My understanding is that the default state should work for this, but it does not. If I put custom and brightness 90% it won't work if somebody switch the physical light switch off and on the bulb stays off and cannot be turned on if not with the app

Options
2021-11-27 22:30:45

@Mbrillow 
i have L530E (E=E27 socket)
example:
the bulb is on and red and 50%.
I switch the bulb off by the wall connector (not by the apk)
Then i switch the wall connector on again -> the bulb will turn on in red and 50%.

Options
2021-12-01 08:09:35 - last edited 2021-12-01 08:10:13

@Mbrillow 

sorry for the delay reply.   Bulb should behave like @ludde28 said: 

Set brightness at 90% for Tapo Bulb

Press switch to turn OFF switch and press switch to turn ON

Bulb should turn on with brightness at 90% 

If you can not turn on bulb when press the switch manually, please  try a different light fixture, and do Not use smart bulb with a dimmer/ switch.

If the same issue, may I know is it a new bulb, can you share the Mac & SN number of the bulb by private message, thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2229

Replies: 4

Related Articles