How to use P100 on router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-29 03:03:29
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I would like to know how to use P100 to control the on/off time of my router? 

1) Unplug the router and plug in new P100 into socket (only 1 socket at that area)

2) When i plug in router to P100, the P100 will be on configuration mode, the router will not turn on, configuration cannot be carried out.

3) I plugin router to old socket and plug the P100 into other socket far away and configure the on/off timing.

4) I move the ready configured P100 back to the router socket, and plug in router onto P100

5) The configured P100 will not power on even it is configured to power on during that time, it needs to be manually power-on from the app for the first time connected to power, but the router cannot be power on and there is no wifi.

6) This become chicken & egg situation.  how to overcome this?

I know i can use extension wire to solve this, but this is awkward and why i need to spend additional money for the extension wire and mess up the area.

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to use P100 on router?
2021-11-29 03:48:05 - last edited 2021-11-29 03:51:46

All right the new firmware 1.49 after updated seems to have Default ON option available, so extension wire is not required anymore. Initial configuration yet requires 2 different sockets.

*** The update firmware failed everytime due to unable to download 0% or never exceeded 8%.  Changed the DNS to 8888 and 8844 solved the download process.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 473

Replies: 1

Related Articles