KC400 Camera Alert and Recording Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-11 18:46:54
Model: KC400  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.7

Hello,

I bought a KC400 a while ago to replace my KC100 and was excited for the higher resolution and SD card slot but have had nothing but issues since. My issues include getting delayed notification (sometimes delayed by hours other times by 5, 10 or some minutes), when I try watching live, or play recorded clips from the SD card, it often takes forever to load. I've tried resetting the camera and several sd cards now. I've also tried disabling and enabling the hardware acceleration. My WiFi situation is the same. I have the TP-Link Deco M9+ with one station no more than 20ft away, we also have Fios Gigabyte internet with 6ms Ping. I never had these issues with the old KC100, and I put the KC400 in the exact same spot.

Please help!

Thank You,

Jesse

Options
1 Reply
Re:KC400 Camera Alert and Recording Issues
2021-12-13 01:23:34 - last edited 2021-12-13 01:40:50

Hello @nlsurfer 

Thank you for your details post, if there is delayed notification, please try to adjust some settings on your phone. 

How to Troubleshoot Android Delayed Notifications on Kasa /Tapo APP

If the same concern, may I know the model of phone and OS version, and APP version? If keep kasa app running not turn off phone screen, could you receive notification properly? Does KC100 receive notification on time? 

For Camera Live view load slowly: 

• Please make sure the camera is receiving a good signal: 

Kasa app-> Camera Device Settings-> tap name of the device ->signal strength ( tap on the Wi-Fi icon to see the value of the dBm/RSSI)
(-40dBm to -70dBm is good to average, less than -70dBm is relatively poor : relocate camera or router to get stronger signal)

• Confirm Camera firmware and Tapo APP version are up-to-date
  • Connect mobile phone to home Wi-Fi , under local network, will live view load properly? 

If issue occurs under local network, download a Ping APP on your phone,  try to ping camera IP (on APP-Camera settings ) when issue occurs and see if there is any ping timed out. 

• Try a different network on mobile phone, like LTE mobile data or a different Wi-Fi network. 

If same concern, can you help confirm some details here: 

1. the detailed network topology: e.g. Fios Modem-Main Deco in living room <Wireless>Deco #2 in bedroom<Wireless>Deco #3 

KC400 in living room connected to Deco #2 Wi-Fi 

2. Does this happen when phone is under local wifi, or phone is on non-local network?  How long it will take to load Live view. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 530

Replies: 1