Votes

[FEATURE REQUEST] TAPO Cameras ADD STATIC IP

Votes

[FEATURE REQUEST] TAPO Cameras ADD STATIC IP

74 Reply
Re:[FEATURE REQUEST] TAPO Cameras ADD STATIC IP
2024-02-05 20:40:26

@jeankes I don't think this is anything to do with your specific ISP router. I'm using a TP-Link T2600G-28TS (a 'proper' network device) as my DHCP server and despite configuring a reserved IP address for my camera I still find it's IP address changing regularly. This must be an issue with the DHCP client of the camera. I can't believe TP-Link couldn't fix this with a firmware update. They just haven't prioritised it, which is pretty poor given the feedback everyone has provided here ☹️. 

Options
2024-02-05 21:53:27

@langamer101 My router won't even let me reserve ip adresses for the camera's mac adresses....  :/

hope they get this sorted quickly, but we've been asking for a while now... :( 

starting to look around for other option; can only wait so long....

J

Options
2024-02-06 01:21:22

@PhilC1 

PhilC1 wrote

@jeankes I don't think this is anything to do with your specific ISP router. I'm using a TP-Link T2600G-28TS (a 'proper' network device) as my DHCP server and despite configuring a reserved IP address for my camera I still find it's IP address changing regularly. This must be an issue with the DHCP client of the camera. I can't believe TP-Link couldn't fix this with a firmware update. They just haven't prioritised it, which is pretty poor given the feedback everyone has provided here ☹️. 

I use Mikrotik router. DHCP with IP reservation working good with all my devices. Unfortunately, TP-Link camera DHCP client implementation is not so good. Keep renewing IP lease every 5 minutes or so. Never observe IP lease duration given by the router. sad

And if you set TP-Link Camera Account (to be used with NVR), it will stick to last given IP forever. DHCP client is disable for good. no

Options
2024-02-06 01:28:25

@Solla-topee when will we get static ip? 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 Dhcp of firmware broken even when ip mac binding is used on router😵😵😵

Options
RE:[FEATURE REQUEST] TAPO Cameras ADD STATIC IP
2024-02-11 18:19:08
This seems like a very basic option that is currently missing.
Options
2024-03-26 02:56:01
i need this
Options
2024-03-28 11:26:32
Yes for known endpoints like a security camera Static IP address is essential to avoid confusion of what IP is assigned. DHCP reservation is not adequate, please implement STATIC IP for camera.
Options
2024-04-01 19:55:03

A static IP setting should be available. Please add...

Options
2 weeks ago
just do it !
Options
2 weeks ago

Good news: the last firmware, at last has static IP option, with all parameters to set. Just update and you'll get it

Options

Voters 44

+ 40 Voters