Votes

ADD feature static IP to Tapo camera C310

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread [FEATURE REQUEST] TAPO Cameras ADD STATIC IP. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread [FEATURE REQUEST] TAPO Cameras ADD STATIC IP. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-04 07:32:08 - last edited 2024-01-15 11:37:06
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2

Hi to everyone,

I having problems because of "lacking" basic features like static IP with my TP-Link Archer1210v router and TL-WA860RE extender with C310 cameras it is impossible to keep fixed IP even with reserved IP to each if I restart my cameras or router/extender my cameras take a random ip and my nvr doesn't work
TP-Link please add this stupid feature Tapo cameras at each reboot takes a random IP

Regards

Options
5 Reply
Re:ADD feature static IP to Tapo camera C310
2023-06-06 09:58:56

@frog67 

Hi,
The Archer VR1210v modem router has the address reservation feature, and you can refer to the link below to reserve an IP address for the Tapo C310 on the modem router.
How to reserve LAN IP Addresses on AC VDSL/ADSL Modem Router?

Please note if the Tapo C310 is connected to the router's Wi-Fi directly or connected to the TL-WA860RE since it will result in the camera displaying different MAC addresses on the router, and you can reserve the IP address for the MAC address displayed on the router's client list page to ensure the address reservation entry takes effect.

If the address reservation entry does not work after you restart the camera or router/extender, please send me a screenshot of the address reservation entry you configured on the router and a screenshot of the MAC address of the camera displayed on the router's client list page.

Best Regards

Options
2023-06-10 08:17:32 - last edited 2023-06-10 08:36:23

@Solla-topee 

HI,

Sorry I was away this week for work, I have tested many configurations but nothing works as expected, for example this morning to take a screenshot for you I restarted my Archer and when only extenders are active my camera takes a random IP within range action with DHCP configuration but I tested all configurations with the same result below my screenshot I also have add gateway and DNS in Extender but nothing work , for me solution are add in firmware of cameras possibility to set static IP,  also if I power off the TL860  Extender cameras not change their IP with reservation IP in router, only Extender take IP reserved in router 192.168.201.

When some device connected to Extender if i scan in router for reserve IP I have some device with same MAC see below

Thanks in advance

Options
2023-06-13 09:55:14

@frog67 

Hi,
From the pictures, it seems you have reserved the IP address for the camera's MAC address on the modem router, and in this situation, the camera will have the reserved IP address if the range extender is turned off and the camera is connected to the modem router. 
When the range extender is turned on, and the cameras connect to the range extender, the camera's MAC address virtually becomes the range extender's MAC on the modem router's web UI, so the reservation entries on the modem router don't work, and you see several devices have the same MAC. This is related to the working mechanism of the range extender.

For the inquiry to set up a static IP address on the camera, while we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.

Best Regards

Options
2023-06-16 19:50:19

@Solla-topee 

Hello,
recap...
Archer 1210V has a bug when I use USB 3.0 drive to play media due to high frequency causing performance loss in 2.4GHz WIFI, Tapo 310 camera has no static IP a basic function TP-Link is not the correct way, also HUB 200 are not compatibile with tapo camera 310 wath else ???

We let's not ask the moon only basic feature

regards

frog67

Options
2023-06-19 12:26:53

@frog67 

Hi,
Regarding the issue of the Archer VR1210v modem router, it's suggested to click here to start a new thread.

About the inquiry to add the Static IP address feature on the Tapo Camera, I have logged it and will pass it to the related team to evaluate.

The Tapo C310 supports 2.4G Wi-Fi which does not require a hub to connect to the router's Wi-Fi, while some cameras, such as Tapo C420, use Sub-G protocol which requires a hub to connect to the router.

The Tapo C310 does not need the Tapo H200 to work.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 453

Replies: 5