74 Reply
RE:[FEATURE REQUEST] TAPO Cameras ADD STATIC IP
2024-04-16 13:24:23

@Joaquito 

Not for C 320WS ver 1.0 e ver 2.0

Options
2024-04-16 19:01:54

@Joaquito looks like not all  cameras have it yet. hopefully all cameras will have this updated firmware with static ip option. thank you tp-link, I hope this goes to all cameras. we did it guys, now we just wait

Options
2024-04-23 19:47:04

Sorry, I thought it's a specific topic about T200. I can say that T200's last firmware has this option now. Hope it'll be the same for all the other models in the coming weeks

Options
Re:[FEATURE REQUEST] TAPO Cameras ADD STATIC IP
2024-04-26 23:38:45

@langamer101 OK so the DHCP server can't force DHCP clients to request a new IP, in other words, it is up to clients to request a new one, and that normally happens when the previous IP lease time expires. I think it's bizarre that the camera would automatically assume an IP address just because it gave up waiting for the DHCP server to issue one. IMO the correct way to do this is static DHCP leases but that means the camera must wait for the DHCP server to start doing its job. If they want to add the option of static IP that's fine by me, but if the DHCP mechanism was properly implemented wouldn't you rather use that?

Options

Voters 45

+ 41 Voters