Kasa Camera won’t display on Google Home hub

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-09 20:02:17 - last edited 2023-08-25 00:53:26
Model: EC60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.11

My Kasa cams stopped displaying on my Google Nest Hub Max. Up until about a month ago they would always connect and display fine. I've tried rebooting the cameras, the display, and have unlinked TP-Link from my Google Home and reconnected everything (which unfortunately forced me to also completely reconnect and set up 6 of my 7 Kasa smart switches). 

The camera is connected well to my Google Home. When I ask it to stream the Kasa camera on the Nest Hub display, it says "Streaming (camera name) on (display name)" but fails to show any video. 

How can I fix this?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Kasa Camera won’t display on Google Home hub
2022-01-10 00:53:34 - last edited 2023-08-25 00:47:17

Hello @RyanO 

Thank you for your feedback, can you help provide information details here to help isolate the issue

• May I have a photo of the page on Google Nest hub Max? 
  • Could you access EC60 on Kasa APP  remotely when  phone is on LTE mobile data ? 
  • Do you have other smart device on Google Home APP, can you control them manually on the APP or using voice command?
  • When use voice command to stream video, how Google respond to voice command. 
  •  

Please share the Mac address of kasa camera by private message,thank you. 

Options
2022-01-10 01:29:57 - last edited 2023-08-25 00:47:17

@Solla-topee 

• May I have a photo of the page on Google Nest hub Max? 
  • The Hub home screen does not change. It only responds with voice and then goes back to the Home Screen. 

• Could you access EC60 on Kasa APP  remotely when  phone is on LTE mobile data ? 
  • Yes, the cameras display well on the Kasa app over mobile data 

• Do you have other smart device on Google Home APP, can you control them manually on the APP or using voice command?
  • Yes I have many other devices including cameras and they all work both on the app and with voice command

• When use voice command to stream video, how Google respond to voice command.
  • It responds as I said in my original post 

i will pm the MAC address 

Options
2022-01-10 12:54:46 - last edited 2023-08-25 00:47:17

Hello @RyanO 

- Please check if EC60 is available & online in Google Home APP

- Double check Tp-link ID / which email you have logged in on your Kasa app, when link kasa app in Google Home APP, make sure you authorize the same tplink account not a different tp-link account 

If possible can you take a short video on your Google Home hub Max when you cast video on Google,that would be very helpful. 

Thank you

Options
2022-01-13 22:26:52 - last edited 2023-08-25 00:47:17

@Solla-topee Yes, it is available & online in the Google Home app.

The account / email / login is the same.

I will send you a video by private message.

Options
2022-01-14 09:44:25 - last edited 2023-08-25 00:47:17

Hey @RyanO 

Thank you very much for the video and case details, i updated them in your case note,  our seniors will follow up your case on support email TKID220110677.

Options

Information

Helpful: 10

Views: 3004

Replies: 5