Tapo P100 interfering in powerline speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-14 09:37:21
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I plugged my Tapo plug into the socket, set timers for what I wanted etc and thought no more, then I noticed my internet speed had dropped, I changed the power line adapter I was using , reset them etc etc, could not figure it out, then when I was testing my download speed I unplugged the Tapo plug the speed increased after several tests involving plugging it in and out it is the Tapo plug halving the speed and ideas as to why ?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo P100 interfering in powerline speed
2022-01-17 03:32:49 - last edited 2022-01-17 03:34:31

Hello @Dazzar 

May I know what is the model of powerline devices do you use , make sure you connect powerline device in wall socket not Tapo Plug.

You could contact Powerline device support to get suggestions as well

How far from tapo plug and powerline adapter, locate tapo  further away and see if that makes any difference. 

Is the issue reproducible every time you plug in Tapo Plug, can I know how did you test the speed and what are the speed when tapo is unplugged or plugged in. Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 163

Replies: 1

Related Articles