Votes

Simpler network change

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Reconfigure Wi-Fi without reset. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Simpler network change

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Reconfigure Wi-Fi without reset. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Simpler network change
Simpler network change
2022-02-02 11:27:24 - last edited 2024-07-22 09:32:12
Model: Tapo L510E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: newest

Why do I have to soft reset the bulb and go thru every step if I just want to connect to another wifi network? I think this should be much easier as in selecting new wifi and entering password, done.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Simpler network change
2022-02-07 10:21:55 - last edited 2022-02-07 10:22:21

@xrn3p 

Hello, thank you for posting on the TP-Link community. Currently there is no setting on Kasa APP allowing us to switch to a different wireless network directly, we suggest you apply the same wireless settings (including the wireless network name, wireless encryption, and password) on your new router as on the old one, and there will be little necessary to change settings on the Kasa APP or Kasa device. But we certainly appreciate your feedback and I think it is valuable. I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team. I'm moving this conversation into the ‘Feature Request‘ area and tagging it as a ‘Future Consideration’ for better visibility. Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 298

Replies: 1