How to record and playback motion

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-06 07:44:15
Model: KC115  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

1.  I just can't seem to work this out.  The instruction say 24/7 recording will be recorded onto the SD card. BUT, if I only activate motion tracking, how to I set up the camera to record all the  motion it sees onto the SD card

2.  If I record at 720p, anyone know how many minutes of recording will fill up a 64GB card?

and lastly

3  once a video is on the sd card, Where in the app can I see it and how can it be downloaded?

Thanking you

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to record and playback motion
2022-02-08 10:12:13

@Keithrb 

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

Below are the answers to your questions:

1.  I just can't seem to work this out.  The instruction say 24/7 recording will be recorded onto the SD card. BUT, if I only activate motion tracking, how to I set up the camera to record all the  motion it sees onto the SD card

Answer : If you don't want to record every minute of every day to SD card, only want to record the motion, please go to Device Settings to disabe 24/7 Recording.

2.  If I record at 720p, anyone know how many minutes of recording will fill up a 64GB card?

Answer: The recording time has a great relationship with the scenes taken by the user, usually about 2-4 weeks. If there are many moving objects in the scene the user takes, the time will be shorter.

and lastly

3  once a video is on the sd card, Where in the app can I see it and how can it be downloaded?

Answer: There is no option on kasa app to download the clips. You need to insert SD card into computer to download it or subcribe our kasa care service. The clips triggered by motion/sound will be uploaded to the cloud server. So for SD card models that have no free cloud storage, such as KC105, KC115, KC400, or KC410S, if your camera has a Kasa Care subscription, you will get a notification and see clips in the Activity Section when motion is detected; if you don’t subscribe to Kasa care, you will still get an app notification when it detects motion, but there will be no clips showing in the app.

Thanking you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 240

Replies: 1

Related Articles