Votes

Web UI Configuration

Votes

Web UI Configuration

432 Reply
Re:Web UI Configuration
2023-05-26 10:16:48

@David-TP 

the issue here is that whilst you advertise App control, you do not advertise the lack of a web UI.

I did not read anywhere prior to

purchase that I would be locked into an app only ecosystem.

setting up static routes etc of multiple devices is a nightmare on a phone. Copying and pasting MAC codes...

stop presuming you know what your clients want.

again, will not buy another TPLink product when I upgrade from my deco x95

Options
2023-05-26 10:17:16

@ShadeBlack 

well said. That's all I read too.

Options
2023-05-26 10:43:14 - last edited 2023-05-26 11:23:39

@David-TP 

You state that "Archer WiFi router with EasyMesh or OneMesh Technology would be a perfect alternative." However, the reason I purchased the item I did is because I needed a router with integrated DSL modem. Could you tell me what my alternative would have been so I was not railroaded into this APP first approach?

Options
2023-05-28 22:38:49

David-TP wrote

.... I used to think the small screen of a mobile phone would be problem. But now, it is no longer the issue and Deco APP also support iPad/Tablets UI. So far, there hasn't been a situation which made me think the web UI must have full control of features.

You need to check your privilege... In just 2 sentences you have made it abundantly clear that:

1. You don't have any visual or physical limitations that make using a phone to do this task difficult or impossible.

2. You are wealthy enough to be able to "solve" the problem of a small screen by just buying an iPad.

3. You don't give a sh*t about customers.

David-TP wrote...

Web UI has never been the main focus even now and it is only a supplement to APP control....

.... Redesigning all features on the web UI is not the first option....

The web UI doesn't just lack features, it's completely unstable to the point of being unusable.  I have tried Window, Mac, and Linux computers running multiple Chromium-based browsers as well as Firefox and the Web UI crashes within 90 seconds on all of them.

Options
2023-05-29 01:03:28

@Jay_Bee 

Hi, There are also DSL modem routers that support OneMesh, for example Archer VR2100+RE550/RE715X

https://www.tp-link.com/en/onemesh/product-list/

Best regards.

Options
2023-05-29 01:24:55

@Didgeridrew 

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I am sure it will be clearly reported to the engineers.
For the stability of the web UI, if you would like to spend a little more time, we would like to help you figure out what happened.
It will be highly appreciated if you could send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the following details:

• A picture of the Deco Mesh system's network map and signal source.

• How many online clients do you have?
  • Could you please record a video clip or some screenshots of how the web UI crashed?

Thanks again.

Best regards.

Options
2023-05-31 13:04:40

@David-TP 

Apologies, I didn't include all details in my question.

I require a single device which has a DSL modem, WiFi6 and a proper web interface. Which of the current TP-Link products can satisfy these requirements?

Cheers,

Jay

Options
2023-06-01 01:39:57

@Jay_Bee 

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me.

there are suitable models but all of them are for service providers:

https://service-provider.tp-link.com/uk/vdsl/

Service providers normally provide these models when users subscribe to their service.

If you want to purchase it online, the current DSL models for end users did not support Wi-Fi 6 yet. the Deco-DSL Mesh models did support but its management control needs to be via Deco APP.

Best regards.

Options
RE:Web UI Configuration
2023-06-02 17:14:02
+1 - why does this not have a web interface - yes a phone to setup initially but please a web interface for ongoing management!
Options
RE:Web UI Configuration
2023-06-03 04:44:55

@DougHobbs Exactly!, like one of the competitor brand called R*ijie, i have tried using their mobile app and its similiar to the deco app interm of functionality, but are configurable from the webui as if compared to tplink product, probably an archer lineup where they had the option to configure your routers from there too, a plus would be to include rhe opption to selfhost the controller like what un**i did, but thats probably for another topic

Options

Voters 229

+ 225 Voters