Having trouble finding uses for my smart plugs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-15 10:40:40 - last edited 2022-06-01 07:13:43

Hi

My husband and I rent a 3 bed, 2 bath, almost 1300 sq ft first floor apartment with a wrap around porch and small garden. We also have a 4 year old daughter and a cat. I have been in the process to make it as “smart” as possible, while still affordable and renter friendly. Our management lets us make changes as long as we reverse them when we move out. I have multiple smart plugs, but have struggled to find uses for them as many of our things need manual use and just powering them on doesn’t achieve their function. We use one smart plug in our living room to power our lamp on and off (which we love and use the function multiple times a day), but that’s the only one we’ve found a use for. I would love to invest in some SwitchBots down the line to expand our use of our smart plugs, but they aren’t in the budget right now, and I’d love to see if I can find some ideas for using the smart plugs in the meantime.

They are mostly Kasa and WeMo smart plugs, and we use an Alexa based system. In addition to using smart devices, I have been expanding omegle.love into automations and routines.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 300

Replies: 0