LED strip to an existing wall switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-24 19:26:19 - last edited 2022-04-25 00:53:09
Model: Tapo L920-5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello, I would like to connect the LED strip to an existing wall switch in my house. Is it possible to have the strip switch on automatically once it is powered without having to press the button that comes with it (the supplied button)?

Options
3 Reply
Re:LED strip to an existing wall switch
2022-04-26 08:18:28 - last edited 2022-04-26 08:18:58

Can anyone help me? 

In other words, I would like to be able to switch the LED strip on and off with a conventional switch without necessarily having to use the app or the integrated controller box. 

Would this switch be suitable for me?

https://www.tp-link.com/ca/home-networking/smart-switch/hs220/

Options
2022-05-06 05:26:18

I kind of wanted to wire the transformer to the existing wiring directly instead of having wire an outlet and then plug the transformer into the outlet.

Options
2022-05-07 01:54:15

@mrcpiccolo 

Thank you for the inquiry. We can't set up an automation between a conventional switch and smart strip. 

If you use a Kasa Switch and Kasa Smart light strip, you could set up an automation Smart Action> Control with a switch, when turn on switch, turn on the light strip, e.g when  turn on HS200, then turn on KL430. Hope this helps

Common questions about Smart Actions in the kasa app

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 630

Replies: 3