Frustrating tapo smart bulb set-up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-03 19:55:19
Model: Tapo L510E  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi to everyone!

How are you?

I am very frustrated with the tp-link app.

I have a tapo bulb 510E and when I try to set it up, the app won't connect to my wi-fi. 

I watched the tutorial video and the guy get a notification on his phone when the app needs to connect to the WiFi like "will you allow tapo to connect?" My phone doesn't ask me that. So it keep telling me I have to reset and restart the process but I did it 12 times, checked every information,...

- My phone finds the bulb and connects to it

- the app finds my wi-fi

But after that it keep loading without any results until it tells me to reset and restart.

Please help me, I am turning crazy.

Thanks a lot !

Options
3 Reply
Re:Frustrating tapo smart bulb set-up
2022-05-05 03:35:47

Hello   @Madness_by_vee 

Wish I could help! If tapo bulb failed to connect to WiFi or stuck after you put in wifi password , please try some tips in Case3.

What should I do if I fail to configure the Tapo Smart Plug?  (also appliable for tapo bulb)

Make sure VPN is turned off, try a different mobile device if you got one.

Confirm correct Wi-Fi password was given during set up , you could forget router wifi network on the mobile phone and manually connect to router wifi to check if the password is correct.  If router has a combine SSID for 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz, you could set up different names for them and connect bulb to the 2.4Ghz wifi, WPA/WPA2-PSK. 

If still the same, can I know the model of router, and have aphoto of wifi settings on router, a photo of page where the setup got stuck, model of phone and its Andriod/IOS version.

Please also confirm APPis up to date. 

Options
2022-05-05 15:50:45

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

I tried everything you said, it doesn't work.

My phone is a Xiaomi redmi note 10, you can see the android version in the pictures.

The app is up to date since I installed it a few days ago... Shouldn't be so complicated to install a bulb --'

Thanks a lot,

Have a nice day ^^

Options
2022-05-06 02:05:36

@Madness_by_vee Thank you for the further information

• Please try a different phone if you got one
  • Try a simple Wi-Fi SSID / Wi-Fi name on the router like a one -word SSID & Try Wi-Fi password less than 16 digits.

If still the same, can you take a photo of the label of hua wei router or model of the router? Many thanks! Have a nice day too. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 2636

Replies: 3

Related Articles