NM can't find my wifi network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-05 07:43:23 - last edited 2022-05-30 07:34:21

Hi

I freshly installed arch Linux and I have small problem with my network manager. I'm using network manager with nm-applet and I see plenty of Wi-Fi networks nearby, but just not mine. I have connection when I'm creating hotspot on my phone, I have connection when I connect Ethernet cable to this router and my phone see WiFi network from this router, but my desktop doesn't.
I'm using adapter TP-LINK TL-WN722N and Netia omegle.love Spot router.

Options
2 Reply
Re:NM can't find my wifi network
2022-05-07 03:21:45

@JodaJacksoncatr 

Thank you creating a detailed post, if network adapter could see nearby wifi signal except for wifi of the router, this is usually related to Wi-Fi channel of router. 

Confirm router 's 2.4Ghz wifi works fine, try a different 2.4Ghz Channels among 1 to 11.

If you use a combined SSID for 2.4ghz & 5Ghz, use a different SSID for 5Ghz to help isolate the issue. 

If still the same, can I know model of router have a photo of Wifi 2.4Ghz wifi settings, thank you. 

Options
Re:NM can't find my wifi network
2022-08-31 09:42:07
Go to Start, and select Power > Restart. After your Surface restarts, sign in to Windows. Go to Start, select Settings > Network & Internet, and see whether your wireless network name appears in the list of available networks. If you see your wireless network name, select it and select Connect. Regards,
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 473

Replies: 3