Privacy mask/zones

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Privacy mask/zones

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Privacy mask/zones
Privacy mask/zones
2022-05-17 14:26:26
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Why is the Privacy Mask not enabled in the free version of the app? I am disappointed about that. That's why my camera is almost useless. Please enable in the free version of the application.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Privacy mask/zones
2022-05-18 03:41:46 - last edited 2022-05-18 03:44:06

@Josefcro 

Thank you for the feedback.

Currently Privacy Zone is one of the advanced features in Tapo Care, which provides cloud storage as well offers g nice features like AI Detection/Rich notification/Motion tracking etc. to help improve the experience using camera.

Tapo Camera has privacy mode feature to prevent the camera from streaming and recording video and audio and protect your privacy. If you would like to avoid part of view being seen from camera or want to protect for neighbor's privacy, you may try to adjust the angle of camera or change a different location for it, for example,  try putting camera closer to the area to exclude that part of the zone from the view  field of camera. Hope this could provide some help. 

For any improvement suggestion, feel free to leave your idea  on Tapo Feature Request Board and users have the same request could leave comments there, that will help with the request/ feature evaluation. Or vote and comment on some  Popular Feature Requests for Tapo here. Thank you

Options
2022-05-18 13:42:32

@Solla-topee Thanks for the quick response and detailed information. I tried all the features in the free period. I think you should put the Privacy Mask feature in the free version of the app. Your subscription is not cheap for me.
I definitely tried to adjust the angle of the camera etc ... but it didn't help.

Options
2022-05-20 08:29:49

@Josefcro Thank you for the improvement suggestion, I will record this request first for evaluation. At the same time ,you might start a thread  Tapo Feature Request Board and users have the same request could leave comments there.Thank you for your time with feedback~

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1008

Replies: 3

Related Articles