Watching Tapo Cameras only in local network?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-08 12:26:07
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.16

Is there a way to disable Tapo cameras for users outside the local network? I want to my cameras to work (to preview and to show records) only if a user is connected to local network. When I am at home, for example, I don't want any other user to access cameras preview and recording but when I leave the home I want cameras to work as always. Is there a feature like that and if there is not, is it possible to implement? Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Watching Tapo Cameras only in local network?
2022-06-30 03:47:30

Hello   @Semiconductor15 

Sorry for the late reply.  Disabling Tapo cameras for users outside the local network will make your camera local only, the camera gets an IP address but has no internet access. In this way the cloud based feature does not operate proper like time stamp update, notifications etc. You might check on router if there is any access rules to block internet for the camera. 

As the workaround, I recommend enable  Privacy mode for tapo camera when you are away from home, this  will prevent the camera from streaming and recording video and audio.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 5159

Replies: 1

Related Articles