Power supply for TAPO cameras

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-23 13:16:51
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have 14 TAPO cameras installed at home. Each with own original power supply. I want to combine all 14 to one single power supply. Any suggestions?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Power supply for TAPO cameras
2022-06-24 01:02:00

Hello  @wernus 

Thank you for asking, each Tapo camera will need to have a single DC adapter for it, and the V/A can be found on its specification page: 

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/cloud-camera/tapo-c100/#specifications

You might plug the cameras into different power strips to control the power. 

Options
2022-06-24 06:15:07

@Solla-topee so you cannot cut of their DC power adaptors and connect it directly to an 18 channel CCTV Power Supply box? 

Options
2022-06-27 02:33:44

Hello   @wernus 

I'm afraid I can't give an exact answer as that has not been tested. To ensure the camera could get stable power, it is recommended to use the original power adapter for it. 

If you are going to do some modification on the power adapter, you might take a further look on the Power supply box forum. 

Options
2022-10-25 13:01:25

@wernus 

Hello did you ever find a solution?

I have C320WS and don't want 8 plugs......

thanks

Options
2023-03-12 17:17:10

TAPO cameras typically require a 5V DC power supply with a minimum current rating of 1A. I can offer you a few options that should work well. TAPO AC100 provides 5V DC and 1A output and comes with a 6-foot power cord. It's available on the TAPO website and other online retailers.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 7878

Replies: 5

Related Articles