KC401 - Cameras stop recording or problems viewing them when sd card nears the full mark

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

KC401 - Cameras stop recording or problems viewing them when sd card nears the full mark

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:KC401 - Cameras stop recording or problems viewing them when sd card nears the full mark
2022-07-14 09:47:49

Hello   @KVK 

Thank you for the feedback.May I know the model number of your smart camera? To look into the case further, can you help confirm case details requested above on #2 of this thread, this is really important for us to locate the cause of the issue and try to fix it asap,  thank you very much!

Options
Re:KC401 - Cameras stop recording or problems viewing them when sd card nears the full mark
2022-07-15 05:44:15

Well, I just received a request from TP-Link support to install debugging firmware in all four of my KC-401 cameras and I am respectfully declining to do that because it sounds like this debugging firmware is designed to primarily catch SD card malfunctions instead of focusing on the current camera firmware and hardware version. With that said, I will just test my SD cards (when my new card reader is delivered). If they are defective, I will replace them. If they are not defective, I will reformat as needed.

Unfortunately, I am not alone. Many are complaining about similar things like:

Can't view recording due to an infinite spinning circle/arrow

Thumbnail present but camera says no recordings available

Camera recording is degrading over time.

Camera stopped recording. Had to reformat the SD card

etc, etc

These similar reports are coming form owners with several different camera models, equipped with various model SD cards and sizes.

Thanks for your time.

Options
2022-08-13 22:28:48 - last edited 2022-08-13 22:29:27

I am the original author of this thread and I thought I would give some feedback on my original issue. So, I did test all 4 camera cards and they all passed the recommended testing. Now, I have not had a single "stopped recording" issue for over a month now. The cameras have continued to work through thunderstorms and minor power hits while still on firmware version 2.3.13. So, I have no idea what changed? Maybe support changed something upstream? Anyway, I updated to firmware version 2.3.14 without any issues so I am hoping my good luck will continue.

moto

Options
Related Articles