24/7 Recording Not Showing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-11 12:12:36 - last edited 2022-08-22 08:42:42
Model: KC105  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.3.13

Hi All

I am having issues with my 24/7 Recording on my KC105, I have had this unit for about 2 month and it seems to have been working in the past however looked at the at 24/7 recording last night and it didn't show anything "no video recording" or just the loading circle on black screen, even if I scrolled to an event there was nothing.

I formatted my SD card as it only had 30mb of space remaining (not sure if this unit is meant to wipe the old date, like my old camera?). The SD card formatted fine and now has 28.22gb of free space, however still have the issues of not being able to see any 24/7 recordings 

Other infoation on system:

• Running of an iPhone and iPad, both have up to date IOS and Kasa Smart Applications
  • Have tried iPhone connected to home WiFi and 4G. 
  • Home Router is Netgear Nighthawk D7800
  • NBN connection is 50+mbs
  • KC105 WIFI signal is -43dBm (pretty good)
  • The SD card is a SanDsik Ultra MicroSDHC USH-I A1 (32gb) Speed up to 120mbs

Any help would be appreciated 

Cheers!

NKJ

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:24/7 Recording Not Showing -Solution
2022-08-22 08:39:25 - last edited 2022-08-22 08:42:42

@Jobe @NKJ 

Hello,

If you experience similar problem that Kasa camera stops 24/7 recording, or you have trouble viewing 24/7 SD recording  (when SD card is almost full), please help  confirm some case details below, and we'd like to escalate your case.

Note:  For some kasa camera model(s), we may push a debug firmware to the camera via cloud. Some debug firmware itself contain  some fixes that help with the problem;  with debug firmware, the camera will also generate more log on the cloud for our engineers to pinpoint the causes of the issue. 

If you are willing to help with debug,  please let us know the MAC address (share via private message ) of your kasa camera and reply with the following information: 

1. A photo of H2testw test result : How to Verify Micro SD Cards Note if H2testw has a warning or error, it is recommended to try a different SD card. 

2.  A photo of SD card (brand & capacity of SD)

3.  The photo of the error on Kasa APP 

4.  Mac address & SN of camera (please share via private message)

• Here is an instruction that helps with troubleshoot SD card problem, kindly give it a try and let us know if it works for you.

What should I do if the SD card doesn’t work properly on my camera?

• Confirm Kasa APP and tapo Camera firmware are both up to date. 

Thanks in advance for helping confirm with details

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:24/7 Recording Not Showing
2022-07-11 13:12:13 - last edited 2022-07-11 13:14:53

@NKJ Hi, I am having similar problems; however, looking at your screenshot, it did not show any detections in the short time you have been running it (after the sd card reformat). Also, the thumbnails take a while to show up even after a detection is noted on the main timeline. So, have you actually walked in front of the camera to see if you get a detection on the timeline (and a subsequent thumbnail)? I also noticed your time sync is from 2018? Sometimes that can whack out your camera if there is a large time discrepancy. Unfortunately the time sync function is manual and it is quite easy to forget to check it periodically. Good luck with your issue.

Options
2022-07-11 14:13:36

Hi @Moto-KC401 

Thanks for your reply, the location sync pulls from the KASA Smart App, I have a few smart switches which were installed in 2018 so suspect this is the reason. I have now re-synced it and it didn't help the 24/7 recording.

The screenshots i added were after the SD card format, i have been out since and it registers detection (see screenshot below) 

Cheers again!

NKJ

Options
2022-08-09 20:01:44

@NKJ Have same issue. If camera loses your wifi connection then it will stop 24/7 recording. I have to remove SD card and reinsert. Then all is well until next time cameras lose connection to wifi. I have 6 cameras both indoor and outdoor. What a pain in the @#&. This has been mentioned in other forums and reviews so manufacturers should be aware of this. Wish they would address this with an update. 

Options
Re:24/7 Recording Not Showing -Solution
2022-08-22 08:39:25 - last edited 2022-08-22 08:42:42

@Jobe @NKJ 

Hello,

If you experience similar problem that Kasa camera stops 24/7 recording, or you have trouble viewing 24/7 SD recording  (when SD card is almost full), please help  confirm some case details below, and we'd like to escalate your case.

Note:  For some kasa camera model(s), we may push a debug firmware to the camera via cloud. Some debug firmware itself contain  some fixes that help with the problem;  with debug firmware, the camera will also generate more log on the cloud for our engineers to pinpoint the causes of the issue. 

If you are willing to help with debug,  please let us know the MAC address (share via private message ) of your kasa camera and reply with the following information: 

1. A photo of H2testw test result : How to Verify Micro SD Cards Note if H2testw has a warning or error, it is recommended to try a different SD card. 

2.  A photo of SD card (brand & capacity of SD)

3.  The photo of the error on Kasa APP 

4.  Mac address & SN of camera (please share via private message)

• Here is an instruction that helps with troubleshoot SD card problem, kindly give it a try and let us know if it works for you.

What should I do if the SD card doesn’t work properly on my camera?

• Confirm Kasa APP and tapo Camera firmware are both up to date. 

Thanks in advance for helping confirm with details

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-08-25 00:09:47

@NKJ 

I had the same issue. Could view live, but not recordings.

The only think that fixed it was disconnecting power to force a reboot.

Also note, even after this, I could only view recordings after the reboot.  Recordings prior were unviewable.  I suspect something when wrong with the encryption of the files that a reboot fixed.

It's back running smoothly and detecting people fairly quickly in the 24x7 screen. 

If it does this again, I may install a switch up in the attic on the transformer.

Options
2022-08-29 08:18:42 - last edited 2022-08-29 08:20:04

Thanks a lot for reporting the issue with us,to better assist with your case, we created a support emai for your case, kindly check your email inbox if you'd like to run some further troubleshooting to fix it, thanks. 

@MikeTexas TKID220831510

@NKJ  TKID220831489

Options
2022-09-24 01:49:00
I am having the same problem, tried many times to restart the camera, format the sd card and it’s not working
Options
2022-09-26 23:53:45
You have to completely remove power. Not just restart from the app.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1003

Replies: 8