Tapo C320WS can't find any wifi + "Tap to refresh" black screen (UPDATE)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-15 15:13:03 - last edited 2022-07-16 09:22:36
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.20

Hey, 

I recently purchased a new Tapo C320WS smart home camera. When I setup the came using the app I can find the camera's network and the setup goes well to the point that you have to select a WiFi to connect to. The camera can't find any 2.4GHz WiFi network, even if it's within 1 meter of the router. At the same place all the other devices can find several 2.4GHz networks. I have reset the camera several times, tried to setup it with another phone (iOS and Android), change my router WiFi settings to channel 1, 6 or 11 and set my DNS to 8.8.8.8, so far nothing has worked.

EDIT: It seems that the WiFi problem was within the app. I reinstalled the app and after about 10 errors (Can't connect to WiFi) I managed to setup the camera with WiFi. The iOS app still has a LOT of problems (2.8.21).

EDIT2: After resetting the camera trying to get live stream image back, the WiFi problem came back and camera/app can't find any WiFi networks yet again. Reinstalling the app doesn't seem to do anything this time.

I also tried setting up the camera using wired connection, the setup goes through fine, but when I select the camera in the app, I just get black (dark grey) screen saying "Tap to refresh" and when I tap it, nothing happens. I managed to get it working on wired connection after I upgraded the device to the latest firmware (1.1.20) but after I reboot the camera, it didn't work anymore. Yet again, I tried to reset the camera multiple times and configure it using another phone, but nothing helps.

EDIT: Regardless of the setup being successful, the "Tap to refresh" problem still persists. I managed to get the camera working for couple of hours but now I just can't get live stream image from the camera, nor can I watch recordings (I have continuous recording on). I've tried rebooting the camera multiple times.

I have also tried using the same WiFi as the camera and 4G connection but neither one seems to work. Camera WiFi connection should be good being at -37(RSSI).

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 421

Replies: 0

Related Articles