Tapo TC200 ONVIF Credentials

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-24 17:51:29
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.17

Hello, I'm exploring the ONVIF capabilities of my new TC200 camera using a SOAP Client. Many of the services are protected by Authentication though and the credentials don't seem to match what I set via the TAPO App in the Camera Account setting.

My question is:

1 - Are the credentials set in the Camera Account the same used by the ONVIF services or are they only useful to access the video stream?

2 - If so, what are the default ONVIF Credentials?

To give you more context I'm trying to use python onvif libraries and I keep getting "400 Bad Request" just for the services that seems to require this credentials

Hope someone can help

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo TC200 ONVIF Credentials
2022-07-25 01:10:03

@emptyowl 

Not sure if this is going to help, here a similar case and solution is to change the number generated by a client  in binary format.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28488691/http-400-bad-request-while-authenticating-with-onvif-camera

Options
Re:Tapo TC200 ONVIF Credentials
2022-07-27 06:53:54

@Little_C Thank you, I'm using a PasswordDigest provided by the onvif Python libraries and they work with other cameras, that's why I'm starting to think that the credentials are different. I found another Python libraries which is not official, is called pytapo and it works fine but it has been implemented by reverse engineering the Tapo APP and it uses JSON over HTTP.

Nonetheless I'd really like to be able to use the onvif protocol using Python

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 584

Replies: 2

Related Articles