Kasa WPA3 support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kasa WPA3 support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Kasa WPA3 support
Kasa WPA3 support
2022-08-18 17:16:02
Tags: #Amazon Alexa #WPA3

For me it is a good time to improve security at my household.

I am working now on moving all my devices at my household to wpa3. All devices which do not support wpa3 are on a way to the second hand market or garbage bin. 
I was positively surprised to see all my kasa devices which I purchased within last few years support wpa3. Good job Kasa.

My current garbage bin collection:
a few android devices prior 5.0 (anyway it is a time for that antique devices to go)
Amazon echo - all devices - such a shame for company as Amazon, and I just updated the line last Xmas
A few cheap Tuya devices from Aliexpress
4 years old smart plug from BestBuy
Honeywell newest and the best T series thermostat, but Honeywell support asked me to wait a month or soo and try a new software. I will give it another chance, maybe

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa WPA3 support
2022-08-19 02:01:42

Hello @Yokushka 

Glad to see you again, and thank you for the sharing~

Most Kasa devices excluding some pretty old models have support WPA2/WPA3 mixed PSK as well as other security types like WEP, WPA-PSK personal, WPA2-PSK personal, WPA/WAP2 mixed PSK. 

It is recommended to keep the Kasa device firmware up to date if any user wish to use WPA3 security. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1062

Replies: 1

Tags