KP303 smart powerboard keeps going "local only"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-07 11:50:32
Model: KP303  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

I have a KP303 smart powerboard. Once it is setup and linked to the cloud account / kasa app I am able to remotely control the outlets.

This works from the kasa app with the phone connected to the same wifi network as the KP303, and the phone disconnected from the wifi and using cellular data.

Without fail however this only lasts a short time before the individual outlets are grayed out in the app, and clicking them displays an error: "Device unreachable. Your device may be powered off or out of network range" when the phone is not on the wifi.

If I connect the phone to the wifi network, then I can control the outlets, but they all say "Local Only"

When reachable, the app device info page indicates -57dBm signal strength to the Access point.

Throughout the entire time, a computer on the same network as the KP303 is able to continually ping the powerboard...

Firmware is up to date.

Turning off, then on again briefly resolves the issue.

Any ideas here? really defeats the purpose of the device if I cannot control it remotely.

Options
1 Reply
Re:KP303 smart powerboard keeps going "local only"
2022-09-08 02:26:56

Hello  @BraedenKP303 

If the smart device has been worked fine before but suddenly becomes' local only' please reboot the smart device by unplug it and plug it back. 

Please check if you have tried tips in guide below: 

Case 2. Failed to control Kasa device remotely

You could check adjust firewall settings on router & modem to different levels

Try to change DNS settings to 8.8.8.8, reboot camera and see if that helps

Try to connect camera to a Guest Wi-Fi network for a test if this occurs again. 

If the same, can I know the model of router and network map. e.g. ISP XX router Archer C7<Wireless>Kp303

May I know how often the device will become local only and the time interval of that? 

Please share the MAC address of the KP303 with us via private message, thanks in advance. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 253

Replies: 1