Tapo c200 HW v1.0 vs 2.0 vs 3.0
The basic question for v1.0 and v2.0 has been answerd in another thread, But the in depth question remains and a v3.0 has also been released.
1. What are the in depth differences of the
Tapo C200 hw version 1.0 , 2.0 and 3.0?
2. Is the quality setting only for the "live view stream" or does it affect the "cloud stream" and or "save stream" in any way aswell?
In the app of a hw 1.0, i can choose LQ and HQ in the live stream view. Not from the settings menu.
LQ around 23kb/s, HQ around 53kb/s. (IR view)
LQ around 17kb/s, HQ around 48kb/s. (No IR, dark night view)
(C200 HW 1.0 FW 1.1.18
Build 220518 Rel.61472n(4555))
Why does it seem like it switches over to LQ now and then when HQ has been chosen (1.0)?
In the app of a hw 2.0, the live stream uses around 101kb/s for 1080p (IR view).
And around 104kb/s No IR, dark night view for 1080p.
Around 75kb/s for 720p (IR view).
Around 25kb/s for 360p (IR view).
(C200 HW 2.0 FW 1.1.19
Build 220627 Rel.33188(4555))
In the app of a hw 3.0, the live stream uses around 110kb/s for 1080p (IR view).
85kb/s for 720p (IR view).
25kb/s for 360p (IR view).
(C200 HW 3.0 FW 1.1.22
Build 220725 Rel.60466n(4555))
3. What stream quality does the hw 1.0 , 2.0 and 3.0 stream to the tapo cloud?
4. When connected to 3rd party service like google assistant and google nest, does the camera stream directly to google or via tapo service as "middle hand"?
And what stream quality is streamed live to google, for example when looking at the stream through google nest hub?
The end live stream quality on google nest screen seem lower than in the app, perhaps 360p or even lower?
5. Is there any difference in the stream saved to microsd between the hw 1.0 , 2.0 and 3.0, or is this all depending on fw version, and If so, is there any difference in this regard between fw 1.1.18 and 1.1.19 and 1.1.22?
6. Why arent all versions updated to the latest 1.1.22?