HS100 (UK) plug V4.1 stuck in setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-04 10:40:33
Tags: #setup
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I've had my HS100 smart plugs running for a couple of years now, and have recently upgraded my smart home setup. This involved changing my wireless SSID for my smart devices.

I have 4 plugs, 2 on hardware V2 and 2 on v4.1.

When updating the V2 ones I was able to reconfigure them with no issues, and they are continuing to work fine, however the V4.1 models get stuck connecting to WiFi.

I have tried everything I can think of:

• Full reset
  • Different outlets
  • Closer to router
  • Phone closer to device
  • Different phones
  • Turning off 5Ghz channel
  • Swapping 2.4Ghz channels

Every time I can connect to the plugs WiFi, but then it just loops until it throws a try again error.

Can anyone point me towards a solution as at the moment they're not really fit for use.

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS100 (UK) plug V4.1 stuck in setup
2022-10-17 08:47:17 - last edited 2022-10-17 08:48:31

@mit400 

Sorry for the late reply, may I know were you able to set up the kasa plug in the kasa app at last? 

If kasa device failed to connect to Wi-Fi network, be sure to try some tips here :

What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

Make sure VPN is off

You could also try a different mobile device to set up the kasa plug and see if that makes any difference. 

If still the same, 1) may I know the model of router, do you connect plug to router directly or through extender?

2) Model of phone and its Android or IOS version

3) Kasa APP version

4) Led status on the kasa device after setup, is it solid green, or red, or flashing green? 

To help isolate the issue,  try to connect plug to 2.4Ghz mobile hotspot wifi network and see if plug could connect to it? Thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 215

Replies: 1

Tags

setup
Related Articles