Groups of Lightbulbs does not update the status

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-19 12:51:37
Model: Tapo L530E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2

Hi,

if a group of light bulbs is turned on, and lets say you manually turn of the light bulbs or disconnect the power. In the Tapo app, the group button still shows that the group is turned on.

That's also the case if there is a schedule that turns off all light bulbs at a certain time for example, the group status is never updated.

Even manually refreshing page doesn't update the status.

It's very confusing when looking at which devices are turned on and which are off.

Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Groups of Lightbulbs does not update the status
2022-10-20 01:35:44

Hello   @Leo-B 

Thank you for the feedback. 

• Please confirm the Tapo APP and device firmware are both up to date. 
  • Confirm the single light bulb can be turned ON/OFF properly. 

At the same time, can you help provide information below to look into this further or solve it

Can you provide a video shared a link with us showing 'Lightbulbs does not update the status' you may share via Google Drive or onedrive etc. 

Please share the photos of the ' group' settings in the Tapo APP

Btw, what is the model of your mobile device and its OS, many thanks!

Options
2022-10-22 09:25:03 - last edited 2022-10-22 09:28:56

@Solla-topee Hi again Solla,

All of the firmwares are up to date, the App on my phone Xiaomi 12 is also up to date OS: Android 12. The Problem is also showing on an iPhone 12.

The light bulbs can be turned on and off properly.

Below are the videos you've requested:

The group "Livingroom Sides" has two light bulbs (livingroom left & Livingroom right).

In this first video I manually turn off both light bulbs in the group, but the group status will never change, it doesn't matter how long you wait.. Even untill the next day, it doesn't change.

Although in the group view as you can see in the video, when you scroll down to see the status of the group memebrs, you can see that all light bulbs which are member of the group are turned off, but the main group status is never updated.

Video:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmpET9hvrkjcjmKOx2Lw_rzojeVv?e=3T9rNd

And in this second video I do it the other way around, I turn on the light bulbs manually and the group status is also never updated:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmpET9hvrkjcjmOdqpj4l74VKWvj?e=ZPSO08

This group was just an example, this issue applies to all groups.

Thanks for your help.

Options
2022-10-23 09:38:57

@Leo-B I have tested it, and it seems it is an issue also for me 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 380

Replies: 3