Votes

Energy Use as Trigger

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Energy Use as Trigger

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Energy Use as Trigger
Energy Use as Trigger
2022-11-03 03:27:53
Model: KP125  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

Hi.  I really like the Kasa app, and the energy use monitor, but what I am really looking for is to use energy use as a trigger.  Specificly, I have a rice cooker and a coffee maker that go into keep warm mode when they are done.  I would like the reduction in energy use in this state to trigger the plugs to turns off and send me a notification they are ready.  There seems to be nothing on the market that can do this, but I imagine a lot of people would find energy-based triggers very useful. Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Energy Use as Trigger
2022-11-14 09:05:06 - last edited 2022-11-14 09:06:02

Hello   @originalname 

Thank you for starting a feature request and shared the detailed scenario, this sounds to be a new request the Energy Monitoring.

By Tapo Power Protection feature, we can set up a threshold to meet  e.g. when the usage increase and met xx w, turn off the plug, but so far the decrease or reduction in the energy usage is not available. 
If any user also like this idea, leave your vote and comments/ scenario and let us know. Thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 123

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.