Tapo C200 stopped recording to the cloud

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-12 15:59:38
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.18

The camera has been recording fine up to now but all of a sudden it stopped sending any new recordings to the cloud. It still records to the micro SD card.

It looks like there is something wrong with the camera's connection to Tapo Care. I don't have physical access to the camera so I can't reset it or take the micro SD card out of the camera to look at the diagnostics log.

It's the only device in my account so can you tell from the Tapo Care server logs if it's having trouble connecting?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 stopped recording to the cloud
2022-11-14 09:46:47 - last edited 2022-11-14 10:01:53

@acfrancis

If cloud recording does not work properly, here are some tips that may help with your case 

1. Confirm camera has been added to Tapo Care subscription:

Tapo APP-> Me -> Tapo Care - > Select Camera -> My Cameras.

How to add new cameras to my Tapo Care plan

2. Confirm Motion Detection is 'ON', and you have set up proper Activity zone Sensitivity settings for the camera

How to use motion detection function of my Tapo camera in Tapo app

3. Reboot the camera.

If still the same, can you share a photo showing there is no cloud video, do you mean there is no cloud video at all or only part of the cloud videos are missing? To helps us trace your case, may I know since when the cloud video stopped,e.g. UTC+8 8AM no cloud video. Thank you in advanced. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Tapo C200 stopped recording to the cloud
2022-11-16 12:59:25

@Wayne-TP thanks for responding. The motion detection function is still enabled. I never changed it and the camera just stopped using the Tapo Care features (cloud recording and following a moving person are the ones that I use). This happened in the middle of the afternoon. The camera is also configured to reboot at 3:00am (every night?). After the first night, there was no change but after the second night the Tapo Care features started working again. It's been ok now, I just hope it doesn't stop working again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 387

Replies: 2

Related Articles