Can a P110 be set not to switch off?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-15 08:26:54
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

One thing I have found is its very easy to switch a P110 off my mistake in the phone app. It toggles On or Off if you touch just a tiny bit higher than the little arrow that brings up the power information. It would be better really if it only switched if you touch the big switch icon in the middle.

However with the app as it is, is there an option to configure a P110 to stay on all the time?  I have one on the freezer and would like to keep it there monitoring for a period, but definitely don't want it switched off by mistake.

Thanks,

VP

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can a P110 be set not to switch off?
2022-11-15 14:29:51

@VolvoPenta Agreed. I think there should be a "monitor only" mode that ensures that a device (like a fridge) can never be turned off.

As a workaround in the meantime I have set a schedule to turn on my fridge every 2 hours, so that if it does get accidentally turned off and I don't notice, it will hopefully come back on again!

I am also worried about Alexa mis-hearing me and turning my fridge off.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 220

Replies: 1

Related Articles