connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
connection issues
connection issues
2022-12-05 01:12:09 - last edited 2023-01-06 05:58:09
Model: KL430  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.11

When ever I try to connect one of my lights it does all the right steps I need to it makes me connect to the TP-link light strip network then makes me connect to the network I want to use after it does that it starts to try to connect after 30 seconds the light goes white instead of flashing orange and green and when I look at the connection it says that it has no internet connection even though the connection to the internet is strong then after a few more minutes it says it wasn't able to connect, but then it still shows up in my devices, but I am not able to put in a group, but I am still able to use it as regular I am able to turn it on and off change the colors or pattern, but after I reload the app it says it is offline and i am not able to use it, and it doesn't show up under my room name I really need help because I don't just want it to be sitting there and me not be able to use it 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:connection issues-Solution
2022-12-28 06:11:38 - last edited 2023-01-06 05:58:09

Hello   @astrojedi22 

Thank you for your waiting, I received the new log and has been shared with the team for investigation (still in process)

May I know when did you purchase the light strip if the device has been worked fine for a few months,  we'd love to start the RMA process and replace the unit for you first.

I share you the RMA steps via support email TKID221222326, please check if you receive my email, thank you~

Recommended Solution
Options
25 Reply
Re:connection issues
2022-12-05 03:19:41 - last edited 2022-12-05 03:24:52

Hello @astrojedi22 

Please confirm your kasa app is up to date. 

May I know ' no internet connection' occurs when your phone connected to Home Wifi network, or connected Kasa Smart _Switch XX WiFi? 

- Please confirm Home Wi-Fi network have Internet access (turn off mobile data on the phone and confirm phone has internet from home Wifi network 

- turn off VPN on the phone

- Please try to add a device in the kasa app and follow the APP instruction to set it up(note that Kasa Smart XXX WiFi SSID itself has no Internet and that SSID will be gone after configuration)

IOS app:  will guide to connect to kasa Smart Device WiFi so the APP could find smart device, then  manually connect to SmartXX WiFI and go back to kasa app

Android app:  will try to look after smart device directly, if it could not find smart device/ unable to connect to Smart XX WiFi, try to manually connect to Smart XX WiFI and go back to kasa app.

Here is a guide that might help: What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

When device says offline, try to force close the app and restart the app, will the device become online again.

May I know do you use the Andriod or IOS kasa app? 

Options
2022-12-05 03:40:04

@Solla-topee hi thank you for the response, the no internet connection happens when it is connected to the kasa smart_switch xx Wi-Fi. I do have home internet Wi-Fi access. This is no VPN on. I did follow the instructions on the app to set up the device. When the device said offline I did force close the app and when I went back in it still said that it was offline. I am using IOS for the kasa app.

Options
2022-12-05 03:54:46

Hello  @astrojedi22 

Thank you for providing the case details. 

' kasa smart xx'  wifi does not have an internet connection, this is common.

Can you follow the app instruction to add the device and share a photo of error message in the kasa app if the setup still fails? Thank you 

Options
2022-12-05 04:13:33

@Solla-topee of course thank you again for the response

this happened as soon as I started the setup

this happened after waiting another minute or two 

and it showed my home internet as being strong and it still showed this message

Options
2022-12-06 11:03:06 - last edited 2022-12-06 11:03:31

@astrojedi22 

Thank you very much for proving a screenshot! 

Please double-check if ' Local network' permission is ON for the Kasa app 

Case 2 Unable to Connect to Your smart device’s Wi-Fi

Step 3 Click on "Settings" on your phone and find our APP on the list, then enable the "Local Network" option. Reopen our APP and try again.

Step 4: Make sure there is no VPN or VPN software like Lookout, AdGuard on the phone.

If still the same, please check my PM and help collect the APP log and attach the log file here 

When this error occurs, your phone should be connected to Smart XX Wi-Fi, please check what's IP address on your phone How to find IP address of Android smartphone/iPhone/iPad

Thank you. 

Options
2022-12-09 01:19:17 - last edited 2022-12-09 01:20:07

@Solla-topee thank you for the response

I have double-checked if local network permission was on, and it was. I made sure that no VPN was on the phone whatsoever. It is still doing the same thing during connection, the smart xx Wi-Fi is not having internet connection about 30 seconds into the process, and Can you please tell me how to collect the app logs, that would be much appreciated,

Options
2022-12-12 02:45:26 - last edited 2022-12-12 03:00:23

Hello  @astrojedi22 

I shared the debug app by PM, can you click on your community profile and see if you received it. 

I will also share with you via email, please expect a support email soon. 

Meanwhile, may I know the model of your iphone and IOS version, when did you purchase the KL430? 

Btw, you could also try a different mobile device if you own a different mobile device like phone or tablet. 

Options
2022-12-13 02:46:45

@Solla-topee thank you for the response the model of my iphone is an iPhone 11 the IOS is 16.1.2. i purchased the kl 430 smart lights about one- two years ago i don't know exact time frame. i have sent you the logs in your pm in the form of Google Docs.

Options
2022-12-13 03:02:24

Hi  @astrojedi22 

Please give the access to the file, please check my PM, thank you.  

Options
2022-12-13 03:05:09

@Solla-topee it should have given you permission, please message back if it doesn't

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1491

Replies: 25

Related Articles