How to turn the light off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-06 12:32:26 - last edited 2023-02-13 10:42:34
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

My C320WS turns the light on when the motion/person alert is triggered. Is there a way NOT to turn the light on upon any trigger?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to turn the light off-Solution
2022-12-07 09:44:25 - last edited 2023-10-07 10:05:51

嗨  @Gii 

要暂时启用/禁用聚光灯,请点击摄像机实时取景页面(右上角)上的灯泡图标。

始终启用/禁用聚光灯,请进入相机设置-->夜间模式设置,选择红外模式。 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
Re:How to turn the light off-Solution
2022-12-07 09:44:25 - last edited 2023-10-07 10:05:51

嗨  @Gii 

要暂时启用/禁用聚光灯,请点击摄像机实时取景页面(右上角)上的灯泡图标。

始终启用/禁用聚光灯,请进入相机设置-->夜间模式设置,选择红外模式。 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How to turn the light off
2022-12-09 18:55:31

Thank you @Wayne-TP 

Options
2023-03-02 03:42:44 - last edited 2023-03-02 05:44:50

@Wayne-TP 

I have a similar problem. My camera is shooting through a window to outside (I get it's an outdoor camera but it's safer indoors).

In the Full Color night mode it produces great color images UNTIL those spotlights come on and I then only see the glass and curtain reflected in the glass...  so nothing outside.

In IR mode there is ALWAYS an IR light on so I get the greyscale version of the above window reflection and curtain.   

Like the OP....   we need a way to disable the spotlights entirely.

Is there a Tapo firmware developer outthere that can add this toggle, or is there a way and I haven't figured it out???

Thanks kindly.

UPDATE:. I found that turning off the night vision (from AUTO to Daytime icon at top of live image) meant no spotlight LEDs, but it also means night vision won't go on - however this camera is highly sensitive and my area has some stray lighting nearby so it's plenty.

Options
2023-03-04 19:50:39

@Gjjb 

You can turn off both lights - White Light and Infrared Light.

To turn the white light off:

To always enable/disable the spotlight, go to camera settings-->Night Mode Settings, and choose infrared Mode.

(more details above)

To turn the infrared light off:

In the camera view press the icon left of the Light Bolt icon and choose Day Mode.

Working the camera through a window is not the best option.

Options
2023-04-18 04:34:12

@Gii 

Could you confirm that this "trick" works also with all detections disabled? It works for me only with detection (any) enabled. If not, it brings back the infrared.

Just as a comment: it's a bit confusing the spotlight / infrared management of the app. From my point of view, the camera work great at night without infrared and spot light, so a simple option to choose 'enable/disable focus' and enable/disable infrared' would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Options
2023-06-26 06:21:15

@Wayne-TP 

Strange that this doesn't work for me. The Night Mode Settings are set to Infra Red mode, but the light turns itself back on ... Any other suggestions for fix ? 

Options
2023-06-26 08:47:05

@Nayd 

What's the model, hardware and firmware version of your camera? 

Try to use the light bulb icon on the LiveView page to turn off the spotlight manually, see if that works. 

Options
2023-09-02 04:27:46

@Gii I have the same problem. The light is always on. It is on Infrared Mode and still the light on. I manually turn the light off for 30 minutes and it is still on. Help please!

Options
2023-09-05 11:42:08

@Marrespeto 

Please check whether you fall below scenarios.

Case One: Camera is equipped with an SD card. >>Try to remove the SD card when the problem occurs, check if the spotlight will be turned off after the SD card is removed. 

Case Two: Camera remote control works but the LED shows solid orange instead of solid green. 

What's the hardware and firmware version of your C320WS?

Options
2023-09-29 01:24:36 - last edited 2023-09-29 13:34:46

@Wayne-TP 

Case One fixed issue I had with the Spotlight not turning off even if I selected all the options above in this thread, and whenever I insert any SD card, the spotlight starts doing exactly the same not turning off no matter which option you choose.

What's the hardware and firmware version of your C320WS?

Model: C320WS

Hardware Version: 2.0

Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 230316 Rel.55457n

Can you please provide more help or steps to actually solve this wrong behavior when the SD card is inserted??

Options