Smart Actions - Fan turn off after light turns off?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-10 22:41:41

Hi. I have two HS200 setup in the master bedroom for the bathroom light and fan. I currently have a Smart Action set up to When the bathroom lights turn off, the fan will turn off after 15 minutes. Am I doing this correctly and/or is this possible?  I'm manually turning off the fan so I don't know if that affects the condition. I also had the fan turn off after 15 minutes when the lights were still on. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Smart Actions - Fan turn off after light turns off?
2022-12-28 03:33:07

@Wohch 

Thank you for reaching out to the community, this should be possible via setting up Smart Action in the kasa APP. 

Common questions about Smart Actions in the kasa app

Add a new smart action :

When:  

Trigger: turn on HS200 #1 

Then : 

Action: turn off HS200#2 

Delay action : 15 mins

Hope this helps!

Options
Re:Smart Actions - Fan turn off after light turns off?
2023-01-17 04:53:49

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for replying and I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I was able to set this action:

When Bathroom Lights turn off

then

Turn off Bathroom Fan

After 15 minutes

This works 75% of the time. Sometimes the fan turns off when the lights are still on. Could this be a reception issue where it thinks the light is off thus triggering the smart action? The random "malfunction" can occur as early as 5 minutes after turning both on. I've tried turning the lights on first, waiting 2 seconds then turning in the fan but it still happens randomly. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 192

Replies: 2

Related Articles