Switch Log?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Switch Log?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Switch Log?
Switch Log?
2022-12-11 03:24:26

Hey Guys,

Is there a log or a way to track why devices turn on?  I've noticed a few times in the past couple weeks my lights will turn on for no reason.  For example my kitchen light turned on today at 8:54pm.  Clearly a time that I do not have it scheduled.  

I have my devices connected to Amazon Alexa and SmartThings so I'd be curious to see what app or function might have turned the switch on.

Ryan

Options
1 Reply
Re:Switch Log?
2022-12-28 05:41:10

Hello  @RyanEverhart789 

sorry for the late reply, the switch does not have an activity log, but you could try some tips here to rule this out. 
- If you use any third party app like Google, Alexa etc., temporarily disable the Kasa skill or unlink kasa from the apps (note you can relink kasa app any time later)
- Factory reset one of the kasa device and see if the behavior is gone 

-You can also connect the smart device to a Guest Wi-Fi network (which is isolated from the main network and rule out the affect from your local devices ) and see if the issue is gone. 

If still the same, can you confirm some information for us look into it further 

1. The Device Name or MAC address of the device which has this issue (please share via PM )
  2. Your local time zone 
  3. At what time the smart device randomly turn on/ off and describe the behavior in detail:

for example, at 8:08AM (UTC-8) , the living room lamp turn on by itself, and immediately goes off/ or stay on 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 337

Replies: 1

Related Articles