Votes

Add single-tap setting to restore full brightness when turning on dimmer switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-11 17:22:29
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

In the Kasa app, under Device Settings > Smart Dimmer Configuration, I'd like a new setting called Single tap with two options: Either "remember the previous brightness" (current behavior) or "full brightness."

I know I can configure different brightness levels for long-tap and double-tap, but I also want to configure the single tap.

For example, I often enter the kitchen in the morning and tap the switch while walking by, then moments later realize the lights are dim because we were watching a movie last night. So I walk back to the switch and double tap it (my preset for full brightness). I appreciate the ability to remember the previous setting and that's appropriate on many switches. But for this and other switches, I never want the lights to remain dim after I've turned them off.

I've used other smart dimmer switches that allow this, such as Leviton, and I miss it. Please support this with the Kasa HS220 dimmer. Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Add single-tap setting to restore full brightness when turning on dimmer switch
2022-12-28 03:52:48 - last edited 2022-12-28 05:33:00

Hello   @scottamain 

Thank you for sharing the feature request! 

May I know did you try some workaround by the app, like the Widget/ Scene to turn on the switch to full brightness?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 156

Replies: 1

Voters 1