TP320WS - Rain detection and SMART mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-29 19:11:28
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hi

I am having trouble with the SMART mode using the detection to turn the light on when it rains. I have two types of detection setup, the first is AI set to level 6 sensitivity and an Area detection set to a small area of with minimal changes to area (e.g. Plants or trees or light and dark). Camera detects persons fine via both options and if it is not raining the light is only activitated when a valid detection occurs. However, if it is raining the light will go on and off all the time. I do not want this to happen.

I have read other threads and see possible solutions offered is to reduce detection to only AI. I have tried this and found the same issue unless sensitivity is turned down to say level 2 but then it fails to detect every person.

I am dissapointed the camera does not have a rain detection feature as this is a common issue on cameras at night when using infared.

The image below shows the large amounts of detection, all caused by the rain. (Note this is not the TAPO screenshot, but my dection triggers on my NAS are driven by the camera)

Thanks

Andy Hallett

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 135

Replies: 0