C310 Firmware Update Fails

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-03 01:16:43
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.11

Hi, I have a new camera that shipped with firmware 1.1.11. It has an update available to 1.3.1.

When I press the Update button the camera only appears to be reboot and is left on the old firmware.

Camera is connected wirelessly to a strong connection. Several other cameras have completed the update with no issue.

Options
4 Reply
Re:C310 Firmware Update Fails
2023-01-04 09:33:01

Hi  @PlanningLife 

Thank you for reporting this problem on TP-Link community. 

1. Can you check if there is any special setting on the router that might block the internet connection of this camera? Such as parental control, access control, etc.

2. Try to manually reboot the camera and do the update again. 

3. Reconfigure the camera to the guest network or the mobile hotspot, then do the update. 

You can share the device's Mac address to me by private message, we will help to look into it. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-01-04 10:33:33

@Wayne-TP Morning, as I mentioned we've not had this issue with any other cameras. There are no parental settings / firewall rules active. Performed several reboots and a reset but no joy; this included connecting the camera to our dedicated 2.4GHz network.

I'll drop you the MAC address. Many thanks.

Options
2023-01-04 10:39:31

@Wayne-TP Morning again, tried the update once more before sending you a PM and it worked! :D

Thanks again.

Options
2023-01-05 08:28:05

@PlanningLife 

Thank you for the feedback, glad to know that! Hope you enjoy your cameras. :)

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 348

Replies: 4

Related Articles