Constantly Disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Constantly Disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Constantly Disconnecting
Constantly Disconnecting
2023-01-08 21:34:14
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.6

Hi all.

Happy New Year

I have:

8 x Tapo Smartplugs P100 (Firmware 1.3.6 Build 20210827)

4 x Tapo L530 lightbulbs (Firmware 1.0.9 Build 220526)

All devices are updated and using the latest firmware.

1 x C220 Camera (Firmware 1.1.18 Build 220518)

They all frequently lose connection and show as offline.

They still work and run any pre programmed timings but will not operate from the App or from voice command (via Alexa).

I have recently switched to Youfibre due to the disconnections but the issue is still happening.

From Youfibre router I have the TP-Link Deco M4 mesh system. (3 units). Firmware 1.5.5 Build 20220823

All the lights and switches are on the guest network which I have designated as 2.4Ghz only.

Any advice would be gratefully received!

I am seriously considering selling the lot if I can’t get this resolved. It’s a nightmare to have to reconnect all the devices almost weekly!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Constantly Disconnecting
2023-01-10 09:01:28

Hi  @T12VNG 

Thank you for the feedback. 

Does the Youfibre router broadcast wifi? If so, does it have the same SSID as Deco?

What's the led status of the tapo device when it display offline on the APP? For example, solid orange on the P100, solid red on the camera?

If the led is still green, please test if the device will show online when you're on the local network (same wifi as the tapo devices)?

You can try to change Deco's DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (Google DNS) if the tapo devices can only be controlled locally. (Display online on the local network, offline on the remote network).

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Constantly Disconnecting
2023-01-12 12:10:33

@Wayne-TP Hi and thanks for your response.

The router is an Adtran SDX621i which as far as I can see doesn't have WiFi capability. 
I have the Deco M4 mesh system hard wired to it for WiFi.

The plugs show an amber light so they've definitely disconnected. 

I'll try changing the DNS and report back.

Thanks again!

Options