C110 SD card constant issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-15 00:26:40
Model: Tapo C110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

I had model C100 tapos and never had any issues with them. My partner upgraded 3 of them to C110 for the wider angel, higher quality video yet I'm constantly being told the sd cards are not initialised or I go into see recordings and the image is all messed up like a broken video recording all blocked out half way with colours, as well as static.

We have returned them under warranty a couple times now and same issues, tried all the trouble shooting swapped to different sized sd cards (using SanDisk) as well as different types. It's a real frustrating problem especially for the one I use to monitor the front entry to the house. 

Recently one camera even seems to be corrupting the cards that go into it. I put them in my computer and it says I need to repair it from errors, I've lost footage from re initialising the cards because I wasn't home to check them first which is also frustrating.

Our old C100 camera is still kicking and no issues at all. I strongly believe there is a problem with C110 cameras.

Options
2 Reply
Re:C110 SD card constant issues
2023-01-16 10:12:04

@Cpup 

You might want to do a test on the SD card. Many resellers would sell you the bad cards with fake expanded capacity, it's fine at first, but some day the card will be corrupted unexpectedly. A victim of the bad cards myself.

I found this that is quite useful, maybe you can try it. https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2592/

Options
Re:C110 SD card constant issues
2023-01-16 11:01:53

@Riley_Blue yeah I've tried multiple different cards that were all purchased direct from SanDisk or from a legit supplier, also tried the cards that worked perfectly for years in my C100 cameras but they all end up with issues in the C110.

Just so frustrating and annoying 😩

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 270

Replies: 2

Related Articles